Jay Cutler: I never broke up with Kristin Cavallari despite reports
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 01/24/2012
Jay Cutler says reports of his prior break-up with fiancee Kristin Cavallari were inaccurate.
Cutler reportedly dumped the former thirteenth-seasonDancing with the Stars contestant in July after they got engaged in April, but the 28-year-old NFL quarterback is claiming he never broke up with Cavallari -- who he got re-engaged to late last year -- and is thrilled they're expecting their first child together.
"Thanks for all the tweets. We couldn't be more excited. We don't usually comment on our relationship but for the record I never broke up with Kristin. Its unfortunate some people are saying hurtful things during such a joyous moment in our life," Cutler wrote on Twitter Monday.
Cutler didn't elaborate further on his statement. However, Cavallari's representative had confirmed the couple's split back in July.
"Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler have ended their relationship," the representative told Life & Style at the time. "This is a difficult time for them, and they ask you to respect their privacy during this time."
According to an additional report, Cutler had been the one to initiate the breakup, which left Cavallari -- the 24-year-old former The Hills star who also appeared on Laguna Beach, MTV's The Hills predecessor -- "absolutely devastated" and "in shock."
"She got dumped," a source told People. "She's absolutely devastated. She can't believe this is happening." Cavallari and Cutler reportedly began reconciling in September after the alleged breakup and got re-engaged in late November. The couple announced they are pregnant on Monday.